Living and working in Africa is an experience like no other. There are three compelling aspects that make it interesting: diversity, adventure and opportunity, both from a business and a personal perspective. Its rich diversity has been shaped by a unique blend of cultures, languages and beliefs, and it is the world’s oldest populated area and the largest continent. If you’re the adventurous type who doesn’t mind a challenge, Africa has many exciting career possibilities for you. Despite social and economic challenges, there is a high demand for skilled professionals in a number of fields, including agriculture. And, working for Aviagen, you’ll be helping to introduce and sustain an industry that is playing a major role in feeding the region’s growing population for many years to come!
The African region is made up of 51 countries, including South Africa, Zambia, Algeria, Tunisia, Nigeria, Kenya and Tanzania. Aviagen has a number of multi-national employees who work in the African region and are located within or close to this region.
Africa's unmatched cultural and ecological diversity, gorgeous landscapes, and many fantastic places to visit and experience make it an exciting place to live and work. This emerging market with relatively large young populations, rapidly developing infrastructure and a growing GDP is home to over 1 billion people.
Multiple languages are spoken in Africa, the main ones being English, French and Arabic, Afrikaans, Swahili, Zulu plus many more.
As a main supplier to the African market, Aviagen delivers services and high-quality breeds that exceed expectations. We work very hard to support our customers in the region for the best possible performance of our brands.
Things to do and see in Africa
• Wildlife safaris are one of the main reasons people travel to Africa. East and Southern Africa are the most popular safari destinations where you can spot the “Big Five” which includes lions, leopards, elephants, buffalo and rhinos. Safaris in South Africa offer both diverse nature and wildlife experiences in national parks and private game reserves. Kruger National Park in South Africa is one of Africa’s largest game reserves.
• Victoria Falls is one of the greatest natural wonders of the world. The best time to view them is during the rainy season from March to May, where you can experience the full force of the spray, noise and fantastic rainbows.
• Mount Kilimanjaro is visited by trekkers from all over the world. It is found in Northern Tanzania on the border of Kenya and is the highest free-standing mountain in the world at 19,340 feet (~5,895 meters).
• Take in the view of Cape Town, South Africa, from Table Mountain. Table Mountain rises high above the city and has a flat top, where you can see the incredible views of the city.
• Visit Port Louis, the capital of Mauritius, to visit the Blue Penny Museum which is home to the world’s first colonial stamp, take a stroll up Signal Mountain to see the view of the city at sunset and also for shopping.
• Explore the Stone Forests in Madagascar in Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park.
Living and working in Europe is an easy sell to virtually anyone. Recent years have marked a period of economic expansion, growing employment and rising living standards for this culturally and opportunity rich continent. For quality-of-life benchmarks such as health care, education, access to technology and strong GDP per capita, European countries rank among the highest in the world. This high standard of living is complemented by an excellent work-life balance enjoyed by European citizens. And, whether you prefer skiing in the breathtaking Alps, sailing the Mediterranean, or enjoying the history, culture and excitement of world-class cities, Europe has something for you.Learn More
Aviagen Oceania (Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) offers exciting career opportunities in one of the most beautiful regions on earth. If you have a passion to make a difference by helping to feed the world’s growing communities with an excellent source of protein, poultry breeding could be a great choice for you. We’re looking for educated, innovative and enthusiastic professionals with a desire to improve the health and welfare of our birds and promote the businesses of our local poultry producers.Learn More