Turkey and the Middle East make up a diverse and dynamic region to work and live in. While working within this region has a number of exciting challenges, it is also one of the most hospitable and rewarding. Here you'll find that, not only is business and professional ability important but family is also a top priority, and over time customers will treat you like a member of the family. You'll also experience a good environment for business with excellent international education facilities for children, which is why it is such an attractive place for people to live and work. Our people devote time and energy in adding value to customer relationships, and this makes a real difference to customers’ success each day. In this region, the time spent face-to-face with our customers is critical, as it is only with regular, close contact that we can maintain long-term successful working relationships. While breed and supply are a critical components, strong business relations, trust and integrity add the highest value.
Turkey and the Middle East is a diverse and dynamic region to work and live. Made up of 17 countries including Turkey, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon and Saudi Arabia. A number of our multi-national employees who here are located within or close to the region.
The variety of languages include Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Hebrew and English, and Aviagen people here are skilled in multiple languages, with English being one of their second languages and Aviagen’s main business language.
Trading in these countries is both challenging and exciting due to the emerging, dynamic markets. Each country’s culture, industry structure, environment and service requirements can be quite different, so we always consider the best way to set up our sales and service resources so that we can apply the correct customer focus and advice that is appropriate to each individual market and business.
Aviagen supports all three of our core commercial brands in the region – Arbor Acres®, Indian River® and Ross®. We treat all of our brands equally and have dedicated personnel promoting each of our brands alongside customers and 14 distributors, who also play a key part in advancing the brands Aviagen within the region. We provide a lot of support to our distributors and hold annual meetings with all branded distributors where we discuss key topics and any issues or difficulties we may be facing in the market place.
Turkey and the Middle East is probably one of the most demanding, challenging and rewarding regions to work and live in with the most predicted growth for the future (second only to Asia). If you are prepared for a challenge and great future opportunities this is definitely the region for you!
Things to do and see in Turkey and the Middle East
• Marvel at the Pyramids in Giza, Egypt. Several of these pyramids are counted among the largest structures ever built. The Pyramid of Khufu in Giza is the only one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World still in existence.
• The Burj Khalifa in Dubai stands 828 metres high and is the world’s tallest tower. Dubai also features Jumeirah beach, the old Dubai Creek and indoor skiing.
• Ephesus in Izmir, Turkey is a city of colossal monuments and marble-columned roads - one of the most complete, still-standing Roman cities in the Mediterranean.
• Visit Istanbul, Turkey, where you can explore the Blue Mosque, which features 5 main domes, 6 miranets and 8 secondary domes. A trip to Istanbul isn’t complete without a cruise on the Bosphorus Sea. Not only does this provide a nice view of the city, both the European and Asian shores of the famous water provide a view of century old palaces and mansions.
• Swim in the Dead Sea in Jordan and visit Petra, one of the great ancient cities of the world.
• Discover Persepolis, Iran, which was once the capital of the first Persian empire and the birthplace of Persian civilization.
Aviagen North America is home to Aviagen’s global headquarters, with operations (farms, hatcheries, laboratories, and more) in six states: Alabama, Georgia, New York, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Tennessee. These scenic states offer a breadth of climates and landscapes, from the warm sandy beaches of the Alabama Gulf Coast, to the Great Plains of Oklahoma, to the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee and Adirondacks in New York. For those with a quest for adventure, these locations offer fun-filled activities such as hiking, biking, white-water rafting, and much more.Learn More
Living and working in Africa is an experience like no other. There are three compelling aspects that make it interesting: diversity, adventure and opportunity, both from a business and a personal perspective. Its rich diversity has been shaped by a unique blend of cultures, languages and beliefs, and it is the world’s oldest populated area and the largest continent. If you’re the adventurous type who doesn’t mind a challenge, Africa has many exciting career possibilities for you. Despite social and economic challenges, there is a high demand for skilled professionals in a number of fields, including agriculture. And, working for Aviagen, you’ll be helping to introduce and sustain an industry that is playing a major role in feeding the region’s growing population for many years to come!Learn More